Here are five things you should know about Peru.
- Peru is a South American country right under Ecuador. It’s bordered by four other countries and It’s also home to the Amazon River, the second largest river in the world.
- There are three languages spoken in Peru. These languages are Quechua, Spanish, and Aymara.
- There are several festivals in Peru. One of these festivals is Inti Raymi, the Inca Festival of the Sun. This happens every year on June 24th and celebrates the Inca sun god.
- Peru is also home to a large geoglyph called Nazca lines. The Nazca lines can run as long as the empire state building and the geoglyph can only be seen from the air.
- Peru also houses the world’s longest mountain range, the Andean Mountains. This mountain range also travels through Colombia, Bolivia, Argentina, Venezuela, and Chile. It’s home to several Quechua communities.